Data Yields: Using New Climate FieldView™ Harvest Features
October 23, 2017
January 16, 2018
Harvest season is now in full swing throughout much of the country, and it’s a great time to start thinking about how you will use the harvest data you are gathering in your Climate FieldView™ account. This data can help you to break down and understand seed performance across every area of your field. It can also guide your seed purchase decisions as you plan your planting strategy for the coming year.
Listen to the "Digital Harvest Tools with Josh Merryman" podcast now
So, first things first. Your harvest data is more meaningful when you have planting data to compare it to. If you have not uploaded your planting data, you can do it now with the Climate FieldView™ data inbox. Learn more.
Here are three Climate FieldView™ features to help you gather and analyze harvest data:
- More Climate FieldView compatible combines– The FieldView™ Drive is now compatible with over 65 percent of combines in the U.S. To learn more about FieldView Drive compatibility, click here.
- Yield analysis tools – Make every field a test plot with yield analysis tools that help you identify what worked and what didn’t, so you can make the best decisions year round. Learn more.
- Saved field regions – Use your data layers to identify and save field regions for further review. Then measure the impact of your agronomic decisions on yield in each region after harvest. Learn more.
You’ll also find helpful new harvest-related features available in the FieldView™ Cab app. They include:
- Post-harvest yield adjustments – Make data as accurate and useful as possible and easily adjust yield data to match your elevator tickets. This feature will also be available in the full app soon. Learn more.
- Field data sharing directly from the field screen – Make important decisions by gathering insights from agronomic and business partners. Learn more.
I hope everyone has a safe, productive harvest, and I encourage you to explore the new Climate FieldView™ features to help you plan for a great 2018. If you have any questions, contact your Climate FieldView dealer or the Climate Support Team at (888) 924-7475 or email@example.com, or visit support.climate.com for more information.
Josh Merryman is a Climate Business Manager in Iowa, working with seed District Sales Managers and Climate dealers to provide farmers with FieldView™ resources. He holds a M.B.A and B.S. Agricultural Biochemistry from Iowa State University, and a Masters, Crop Science from the University of Illinois.